You’ve just moved in and you’ve got a great cozy family room but space is going to be a bit tight. Not to worry a floor lamp will make it right! There are plenty of floor lamp choices available from traditional to ultra trendy. The trick is getting the most from your floor lamps.
In another era you’d be considered a maveric. You hate traditional and demand the unusual and trendy from your floor lamp lighting. You truly are a contemporary floor lamp person so are you ready for some floor lamp ideas?
1. Three light gooseneck with blue glass shades and blue uplights.
2. Three light gooseneck in a funky green, yellow, or red.
3. Multi colored glass cube floor lamp with a cube shaped shades.
4. Kabuki Japanese Floor Lamp
5. Glendale Lifestyle Paper Shade floor lamp
6. George Kovac’s Bronze Mini Tower floor lamp
Just as your home décor should reflect your personality so should your lighting and these 6 choices will do just that. If you like to stand out from the crowd these will have you a step above the rest. Are you ready for a walk on the wild side?
The 1980s with Huey Lewis and the News and “It’s hip to be square,” really wasn’t that long ago. Okay maybe the song has gone by the wayside but the style certainly hasn’t. Square floor lamps are real hip and a great room addition!
Combining round with square looks great. Add a Mission style floor lamp beside your cozy round chair, or how about a square base with funky round shades that use halogen lamps near a window? Combine square and round in the room or in the lamp. Let your creativity flow because the end result will be a very hip room!
Your house is rather like the Jetson’s with every high tech gadget known to mankind yet you’re a traditional gal at heart. Your rooms are filled with trendy furnishings and plenty of metal but something really seams to be missing. Perhaps there’s too much Silicon Valley and not enough of that traditional gal showing through?
High Tech Silicon Valley might be very trendy but it needs a touch of beauty to and what better way to accomplish that than with a trendy floor lamp like a Tiffany lamp. When you’re tired of all the high tech gadgets shut them off and enjoy the beauty of your lamp!
You dream about the Greek goddess you were in your past life, you envision drinking delicious wine and togas. Okay back to real time but wait, modern life can encompass a little touch of ancient Greece with a torchiere lamp.
Of course your torchiere lamp can also be contemporary, it can look like something sci fi from the future, or it be traditional as in a Tiffany style. They can be an elegant addition to any room. There come in a wide variety of shapes, styles, and colors and choosing one of these tall elegant creatures is simply a matter of choosing a color that will compliment your room. Keep the flame alive for years to come.
Now all that’s left to overcome is your fear that you’ve got a bad case of bad taste. There’s just a few little tips and you’ll be choosing your floor lamp like a pro.
1. When it comes to mixing your end tables with your floor lamps try matching glass and bronze or brass for a contemporary look or bamboo and brass for a rustic look.
2. Use halogen lights on metal fixtures for a very contemporary look. Add great contrast by adding a couple of silver antique table lamps.
3. For useful lighting choose a down light and place it at the end of the coach. Choose one with at least 3 lamps and 5 is perfect.
4. If you don’t want to look like you just walked out of cloning room on the Starship Enterprise instead of matching all your table and floor lamps choose lamps that are different but complimentary to each other.
5. For those dark corners that make you want to scream add a tourchiere.
6. Your room lighting should be layered. It should be a combination of floor lamps, table lamps, wall sconces, recessed lighting, and any other type of lighting depending on the room.
7. Your floor lamps aren’t just for reading anymore. They brighten dark spaces and play an integral role in your rooms décor.
8. For better light quality choose lamps that have glass or fabric shades.
9. For reading your floor lamp should be about 60 inches while your chair will be around 42 inches. This will allow the light to nicely envelop you.
10. Floor lamp combos offer quite a mix from multiple lights which often include a gooseneck or a nightlight to built on tables. They look especially great in a country décor.
Floor lamps are a valuable addition to any room’s décor. Be sure you make the most out it. Whether your are a maverick or a romantic at heart there’s a lamp to reflect your true personality and to set the mood of your room.
Source by Daren L. Bomaster