Gadgets are all the rage and for good reason! There are so many useful gadgets out there that can assist in all areas of life. Luckily, there are a ton of great weight loss gadgets out there. Check out this is the top 10 list of weight loss gadgets for 2011. These are the instruments that can truly help you meet your goal and achieve success in weight loss.
1. Bodybugg – The BodyBugg is a wearable arm band that measures how many calories you are burning. Log into your personal profile and upload data including your daily meals to determine whether you are in a caloric deficit for the day. Set goals, get access to meal plans and many more tools on bodybugg.com. Pricing for the device starts at approximately $160 depending on specials running and model.
2. Pedometer – You need approximately 2000 walking steps to equal one mile. Using a pedometer is a fantastic way to keep track of how much you are actually moving. There are many sites and experts out there who suggest taking 10000 steps daily. That means walking 5 miles! Grab a pedometer and start stepping. Goal yourself for 10000 steps daily and adjust as needed. Find pedometers at bodytronics.com starting at $7 and up based on type and functionality.
3. Food scale – A food scale helps you accurately keep track of portion sizes to the gram. It’s easy to underestimate what you’re eating using the eyeball method. Try the Digital Nutrition Food Scale from Sharper Image. It is a high tech food scale and calculator in one and has a built in database of almost 2,000 foods. Go to sharperimage.com to check out the scale. Cost is $49.99.
4. Online Food & Workout Journal – Our pick here is Livestrong.com. Livestrong offers a free and very easy to use food journal with calorie intake as well as adjustments for daily workouts. There are free tools such as body fat calculation on the site for use as well. Upgrade your membership for a nominal fee each month to have access to even more tools.
5. Heart rate monitor – A heart rate monitor can be a very useful tool for training as well as calorie tracking. It will help you during workouts in terms of intensity as your heart rate will tell you how hard you are working. In addition, track calories burned to calculate into your daily calorie count. Go to polarusa.com for an array of heart rate monitors in all different price ranges, sizes and new hot colors!
6. Scale – Splurge a bit here and get a good scale that measures body weight, body fat and hydration. The Tanita BC-533 Inner Scan Body Composition Monitor offers an array of readings including weight, body fat, hydration, daily caloric intake, metabolic age, bone mass indicator and more! Go to itinscales.com for this superior scale that costs around $125.
7. Pocket Digital Food Scale – A food scale that you can carry in your purse or briefcase gives you a huge advantage in eating out. The Liberta Digital Food Scale by Escali is pocket size at 4.25 inches x 2.75 inches. This scale measures in grams, ounces, penny weight and more. It can also account for the container weight should you use a container to weigh food. Go to foodservicedirect.com to find this pocket food scale for approximately $30.
8. Portion Control – This is one of the hardest things to get used to, especially when you first start your weight loss journey. Portion control is a key component to weight loss and weight maintenance. The perfect solution is the Meal Measure portion control measure device for your plate! Set it on your plate and scoop your food into each section to portion out the correct amounts. Go to mealmeasure.com to check out this great gadget for $19.99.
9. Calorie Counter Book – A comprehensive calorie counter book is a must. You’ll need one with references to daily foods you’ll find in grocery stores as well as restaurants. The Biggest Loser Calorie Counter Book does just that. You’ll find 1000s of foods in this book. Get it for $8 at nbcuniversalstore.com.
10. Power Plate – This is a huge splurge but for those of you that want a completely new workout that doesn’t take much to burn those extra calories, this one is for you. Vibration technology stimulates muscle fibers and burns calories just by standing on the machine while it’s vibrating. The power plate comes in a number of models starting at $2450. Go to powerplate.com for more info.
Losing weight can be trying and sometimes it’s necessary to take all the help you can get! These top 10 weight loss gadgets are sure to aid you in the process. Remember, whatever practices you adopt, to be consistent and dedicated and in time you will see results.
Source by Margot Rutigliano